I just had a bath in Himalayan Rock Salt and I feel great so I thought I’d share my knowledge of it with you. My mum has always been interested in alternative therapies and she used to tell me to bathe in salt even when I was little. She told me it draws out negativity and salt is also known to heal as it is often used in hospitals to clean cuts.
Himalayan salt is the best salt to use in a salt bath because it contains 84 vital nutrients. I dissolve 1-2 cups in my bath, apparantly your supposed to try and keep your bath close to body temperature to feel maximum benefits. I use it just to relax and detox but is also known to improve circulation, hydrate your skin increase moisture retention, promote cellular regeneration, detoxify the skin and help heal dry or irritated skin. It can also reduce inflammation of the muscles and joints and help relax them. I have been using it more regularly recently as I had a compressed nerve in my left shoulder so I would just wet my shoulder and stick it on there for about 15 minutes and it has helped with pain relief.
It is usually found in health food shops and quite pricey but I found it for really cheap in a shop called Tiger 🙂 It was only £1 for a bag which is enough for about two baths. Rock salt is a cheaper alternative and is readily available. You can use these salts for cooking as well!
I’ll leave you with some more benefits:
- re-mineralising the body with 84 minerals and trace elements that are essential to good health
- it assists in the cellular absorption of minerals
- it replenishes the body’s electrolytes and balances the body’s pH
- it brings about significant improvements in the respiratory, circulatory, and nervous systems
- it improves the connective tissue in the organs