Recently I find a lot of people are converting to Green tea over our traditional English Cuppa. This transition is great as Green tea possesses many properties that are beneficial to our health. It is made solely from the leaves of Camellia sinensis that have undergone minimal oxidation during processing. Over the last decade there has been a lot of research supporting the fact that regular green tea drinkers have a lower risk of developing heart disease and certain types of Cancer. There is a common misconception that it makes you lose weight immediatly however a Green tea extract containing polyphenols and Caffeine can stimulate fat oxidation, boosting the metabolic rate 4% without increasing the heart rate.
I often drink Echinacea tea which I found out also has wonderful properties 🙂 It builds your immune system making you less likely to catch colds and also reduces your recovery time from a cold by 1.4 days! Most herbal teas have beneficial properties so try to drink them more often.
Some yummy ones are Starbucks Jasmine and Orange Green tea, Nando’s tropical Green Tea, In some tea shops you can find Jade Ring Green Tea where the Silvery White green tea shoots are meticulously hand-rolled into small rings. When infused, the rings open to create a magnificent looking cup of tea.
Another cup of tea that you should try are the flowering teas that are presented like a spiralling garden in a cup. Silver needle tea buds and fresh flowers like jasmine are skillfully sewn together by chinese artisans. When steeped in hot water, each blossom magically unfurls into a stunning floral display and they taste as good as they look:
Enough geeky tea talk,
- Green Tea Helps Lose Weight (medindia.net)
- Green Tea, Coffee May Guard Against Stroke (teahealthstudies.org)
- Green Tea Still Helpful for Weight Loss (medicaldaily.com)
- Green Tea – A Treat (ment) (deardoctormom.wordpress.com)
- The Green Tea Dilemma (insidefitnessblog.wordpress.com)
- Green Tea (vmuldoon16.wordpress.com)
- Will green tea help you lose weight? (medicalxpress.com)
- Herbal Remedies Why is Green Tea Really Effective (leenakiri.typepad.com)
- Will green tea help you lose weight? (eurekalert.org)