Since Becca landed in Dubai earlier this year, you may have heard me raving about it. I have a handful of items that I cannot live without and Becca’s Shimmering Skin Perfector compact has joined my “can’t live without” list. It is one of those magic products, every SINGLE time I wear it, I get comments on my skin, or people ask what product I’m wearing. The crushed pearls in Becca products blur your imperfections and make your skin look almost airbrushed. I have tried and tested around 40 different highlighters on the market and so far nothing has come close to this one.
The beauty with these highlighters are the colour theory. Many highlighters end up looking too white or too shiny, I personally like natural make-up and that strobe look is a little OTT for me. When someone asks you if you are wearing highlighter or if you are glowing you know the highlighter is working! Becca was founded on a range of complexion products for women of all skin tones. Their years of research have made them experts in shade development. Their shades cover the fairest to the deepest skin tones and you will be sure to find a tone that looks natural on you.
For evenings looks, I love to mix the backlight priming filter with my foundation to give me a luminous base. I finish my makeup by applying the Becca shimmering skin perfector with an angled brush above my cheekbones, down the centre of my nose and in my cupids bow.
The limited edition palette is one of my favourite palettes, I actually went back and bought another before they run out as I know I will be using it a lot! It has two highlighter shades (one being c-pop), two mineral blush shades and one luminous blush shade. You can mix and match to create endless looks and the luminosity makes all the shades look great with any skintone.
You can buy Becca Cosmetics in any Sephora Middle East Outlet’s!
Stylists have been telling us for years that if we wash our hair less often, then it’ll be softer, shinier, and way healthier. Sounds good to us, especially since it saves us major minutes in the morning. That said, we still need to keep our hair fresh between washes and this is where Colab Dry Shampoo comes in. But this miracle product only performs miracles when it is used properly.
Make the most of this hair-care staple with these useful tips and really get the most out of your Dry Shampoo:
- Try not to spray too close to your scalp. Always spritz your dry shampoo about 10 inches away from your roots to avoid any excess residue.
- Don’t get too spray happy. Use your dry shampoo on the roots only as this is where your hair gets greasy. Spraying on the lengths and ends will make hair stiff and lacklustre.
- Massage, massage, massage! Don’t just spray on and go. Allow the product to sit for a few minutes to absorb any oil and then work into the roots using fingertips.
- Using too much product is a big no-no and can make your hair actually appear dull and discoloured. It is always better to use a little and add more if you feel your hair is still too greasy. If you do, however put on a bit much, simply blast with a hairdryer that will help even it out.
- As easy as it can be to do, try not to rely too much on your Dry Shampoo and only use once or twice between washes to let your follicles and scalp breathe.
- Try applying dry shampoo before you go to bed. This gives plenty of time to soak in and you’ll wake with fresh looking strands in the morning.
COLAB™ Dry Shampoos come in five captivating scents. From the classic, heritage notes of London, the fresh and fruity scents of New York, to the floral, feminine notes of Paris, you can embrace head-turning, iconic city style wherever you are.
Extreme Volume Dry Shampoo is available in two sizes, a 200ml spray is AED45 and a super travel-friendly option is the 50ml priced at AED 26.
COLAB™ dry shampoos are available from Spinneys and Waitrose supermarkets across the UAE as well as the following retailers in Dubai; Wojooh, Virgin Megastore, Pout Salon and Beauty by Edge. In Abu Dhabi you can purchase from House of Fraser and Virgin Megastore and in Bahrain; Virgin Megastore.
With the festive season looming there is no greater time to add some glitz and glam to your make-up bag. Its always good to be equipped with these beauties, whether its to pluck that stray eye-brow hair or if you have long nails like me they can be really handy for grasping fiddly items…from nail gems to sim cards, my tweezers are multi-functional.
- Always tweeze one hair at a time in direction of hair growth. For expert brow shaping, use the broad side of the slant ad the tip of the higher side for precision work.
- Clean only the tweezer tips with an alcohol-moistened pad after each use. Clean crystals by rubbing lightly with a clean, smooth cloth. Do not soak tweezer body in water/solution or heat-sterilize. As with any fine crystal, handle with care. When not in use, keep in case to avoid dulling or breaking by scratching against or dropping on hard surfaces.
The Tweezerman Swarovski slant tweezer is available at Areej, Bloomingdales, Harvey Nichols, Tavola and Salam Studios and Stores across the GCC for AED 195.
I have used 8 hour cream for years but since travelling I really appreciate its multi-functionality. I think everyone should have a tube of this magic cream. It does the job of so many products and has made my make-up and beauty kit so much lighter. It’s very rich and one 50ml tube (£25) generally lasts me a year or so…and that’s with me using it frequently. I love the whole range so always try to pick up multi-packs at duty-free.
The lipsticks come as a clear balm or in a couple of natural shades and they are really moisturising. The product has existed since the 1930’s however has since been improved and is popular for its fragrance free option which is great for people with sensitive skin. Here are the 5 ways I use this product:
1. The texture is similar to Vaseline and it is very hydrating packed with vitamins and minerals, It is great for dry cracked skin. I often use it on my lips or feet to keep my pedicure fresh.
2. I love using 8 hour cream to complete a make-up look, its great for creating that fresh dewy look. I just brush a little on the cheekbones and lips and sometimes on the eyelids, you will notice a lot of make-up artists use this product on the runway or for high fashion shoots
3. Its a very soothing product and restores skin over a 8 hour period, I use it for cuts and burns to heal quicker and minimize scarring.
4. I’m currently in Peru and its mosquito season, this product is great for soothing insect bites and stops the itching while reducing redness.
5. I travel often and hate how dehydrating the air is on aeroplanes, I use this product to feed my skin on long-haul flights to ensure my skin stays moisturised and fresh.
In conclusion its a moisturiser for dry skin – it can be used on the face and body, a highlighter, a lip-balm and a healing cream for cuts, burns and bites.