Since Becca landed in Dubai earlier this year, you may have heard me raving about it. I have a handful of items that I cannot live without and Becca’s Shimmering Skin Perfector compact has joined my “can’t live without” list. It is one of those magic products, every SINGLE time I wear it, I get comments on my skin, or people ask what product I’m wearing. The crushed pearls in Becca products blur your imperfections and make your skin look almost airbrushed. I have tried and tested around 40 different highlighters on the market and so far nothing has come close to this one.
The beauty with these highlighters are the colour theory. Many highlighters end up looking too white or too shiny, I personally like natural make-up and that strobe look is a little OTT for me. When someone asks you if you are wearing highlighter or if you are glowing you know the highlighter is working! Becca was founded on a range of complexion products for women of all skin tones. Their years of research have made them experts in shade development. Their shades cover the fairest to the deepest skin tones and you will be sure to find a tone that looks natural on you.
For evenings looks, I love to mix the backlight priming filter with my foundation to give me a luminous base. I finish my makeup by applying the Becca shimmering skin perfector with an angled brush above my cheekbones, down the centre of my nose and in my cupids bow.
The limited edition palette is one of my favourite palettes, I actually went back and bought another before they run out as I know I will be using it a lot! It has two highlighter shades (one being c-pop), two mineral blush shades and one luminous blush shade. You can mix and match to create endless looks and the luminosity makes all the shades look great with any skintone.
You can buy Becca Cosmetics in any Sephora Middle East Outlet’s!
I have used 8 hour cream for years but since travelling I really appreciate its multi-functionality. I think everyone should have a tube of this magic cream. It does the job of so many products and has made my make-up and beauty kit so much lighter. It’s very rich and one 50ml tube (£25) generally lasts me a year or so…and that’s with me using it frequently. I love the whole range so always try to pick up multi-packs at duty-free.
The lipsticks come as a clear balm or in a couple of natural shades and they are really moisturising. The product has existed since the 1930’s however has since been improved and is popular for its fragrance free option which is great for people with sensitive skin. Here are the 5 ways I use this product:
1. The texture is similar to Vaseline and it is very hydrating packed with vitamins and minerals, It is great for dry cracked skin. I often use it on my lips or feet to keep my pedicure fresh.
2. I love using 8 hour cream to complete a make-up look, its great for creating that fresh dewy look. I just brush a little on the cheekbones and lips and sometimes on the eyelids, you will notice a lot of make-up artists use this product on the runway or for high fashion shoots
3. Its a very soothing product and restores skin over a 8 hour period, I use it for cuts and burns to heal quicker and minimize scarring.
4. I’m currently in Peru and its mosquito season, this product is great for soothing insect bites and stops the itching while reducing redness.
5. I travel often and hate how dehydrating the air is on aeroplanes, I use this product to feed my skin on long-haul flights to ensure my skin stays moisturised and fresh.
In conclusion its a moisturiser for dry skin – it can be used on the face and body, a highlighter, a lip-balm and a healing cream for cuts, burns and bites.